A look back at some of Toshiba's most memorable laptops

Toshiba officially exited the laptop business last week when it sold the remaining 20 percent of its computer business to Sharp, who had already purchased the other 80 percent back in While Toshiba certainly churned out plenty of anonymous Windows computers, it also built some machines that were quite ahead of their time. Perhaps the most noteworthy is the T1100, which Toshiba marketed as the world’s “first mass-market laptop computer.”

Curated via Twitter from Engadget’s twitter account….

Perhaps the most noteworthy is the T1100, which Toshiba marketed as the world’s “first mass-market laptop computer. ” And indeed the T1100 ended up defining portable computers in the late ‘80s, until Apple’s Powerbook lineup arrived in 1991.

Toshiba officially exited the laptop business last week when it sold the remaining 20 percent of its computer business to Sharp, who had already purchased the other 80 percent back in 2018.

Link to original article….

Leave a Reply

Leave a comment
%d bloggers like this:
scroll to top